DeoVR version 13.0, now featuring anaglyph mode, lock to channel and funscript visualization
Version 13.0 of the DeoVR app is out now, available for the Quest, Windows, Windows Oculus, Windows SteamVR, Sidequest and Pico headsets.
Along with some necessary bug fixes, there are some major improvements:
- Anaglyph mode has now been added. Anaglyph mode is a tool that shows how one picture will be seen relative to another, useful for VR video editing as it will greatly speed up the alignment process when creating a quick preview before stitching the video together. Go here for more details about this useful feature.
- DeoVR lock to channel function. This lock DeoVR to a specific channel, even if the app is restarted, so organizations such as museums can limit users to only access particular content. To use it, open subscriptions then your chosen channel. Go to ‘global settings’ in the developer tab and click ‘lock on channel’. To disable this function, simply unclick the option.
- Funscript timeline visualization: This will show the speed and intensity of your interactive device as determined by the funscript file. You will be able to see at a glance where the action is at its most or least active, so you can decide if to skip forward to it, or move away.
And you can try out the brand new passthrough function for yourself by following these instructions:
- If you haven’t already, update to version 13.1 of the DeoVR app on your VR headset.
- If you use the Valve Index headset, make sure to enable Room View in SteamVR.
- Now find a suitable video on DeoVR with a black or very dark background. This ASMR medical examination video is a good place to begin.
- Open this video and go into the Player Settings (right-hand side panel). You’ll see the ‘Passthrough’ section at the bottom. Toggle ‘Enable passthrough’ on.
- Now you can adjust the settings to make the black background fade to show your real surroundings while the main action appears in front of you. Try adjusting the opacity levels at first before tweaking the other settings.
- Additionally, on Oculus Quest headsets you can enable passthrough in the selection grid. To make this go to DeoVR global settings and switch on ‘Passthrough layer’ under the Developer tab.
Please note that you will need to enable this for each video manually. We will be automating this process in a future update.
If you’re a skilled dev with a passion for VR, come and join the DeoVR team! You can find more details here.