What is the best computer set-up for VR content creators?
Let’s look at the best PC for editing virtual reality footage. In this Youtube video, we explore what kind of equipment a VR filmmaker will need when it comes to working on 180 or 360 VR projects.
The PC featured in this video works best for editing footage from the recently-released Canon R5C. It is made up of various different high-end components - we believe it is the best that money can buy at this present time. You can see a full list of the parts at the end of this blog, or in the description of the Youtube video itself, which also includes links to more details about each element.
The VR footage produced on this camera is RAW 8K 60FPS, and first, it requires color correction and denoising, which is very time-consuming and requires a high-performance computer.
Keep in mind that for every minute of RAW video footage at this quality you will need approximately 18GB of hard drive space, meaning you can fit around 56 minutes of footage on a 1TB hard drive.
You can see how long it takes to process and render this footage in the video itself. We’d love to know your thoughts and ideas about this - please let us know in the comments section below the video.
Finally, here is a full list of the parts used to build this PC:
- ASUS PRIME Z690-A ATX LGA 1700 Motherboard
- INTEL Core i9-12900K 3,2/5,2GHz 30MB LGA1700 UHD770 BOX
- EVGA CLC 240mm All-In-One RGB LED CPU Liquid Cooler
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
- KINGSTON Fury Beast 32GB (2x 16GB)
- SAMSUNG 980 500GB M.2 PCIe3.0 NVMe 1.4 (MZ-V8V500BW) SSD
- Samsung 870 QVO SSD disk, 4 TB, SATA3, 6.35 cm (2.5"), V-NAND QLC
- Corsair RM Series RM850 80+ Gold 850 Watt